When you bring your RV to American RV Park, you will be staying in not only one of the premier RV parks in the area but one of the great American cities!
Below are six facts about our town that you many find interesting and you can spring on your friends!
- Albuquerque emits a lot of hot air: As you may know, Albuquerque is the Hot Air Balloon Capital of the world. The city hosts an annual international competition that is one of the busiest weekends for visitors at American RV Park!
- Windows started here: When you think of Microsoft, you might think of Seattle but Bill Gates and Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen founded the company in Albuquerque and kept it here between 1975 and 1979.
- The Bisector: The mighty Rio Grande River flows through Albuquerque, north to south, bisecting the city just west of Old Town.
- Like Heights? Part one: With an elevation of 5,312 feet, Albuquerque vies with Denver as the highest elevation metropolitan city in the United States. Elevation in Albuquerque ranges from 4,900-6,700 ft., while elevation in Denver ranges from 5,130 – 5,690 ft.
- Like heights? Part two: The 10,378-foot-high Sandia Crest, the high point of the Sandia Mountains just east of Albuquerque, features an 11,000-square mile panoramic view.
- Like heights? Part three: Five miles northeast of Albuquerque you can get on a 2.7-mile aerial tramway that takes you to the top of 10,378 foot Sandia Peak in about twenty minutes. This is the third longest span in the world and the longest tram in North America. (Make sure you get a pic because otherwise no one will believe you went on this tram!)
About American RV Park
Visit American RV Resort, soak in our ambiance, enjoy our amenities and visit some of the awesome attractions near our park. Make some great memories for you and your family. Book a spot today at https://americanrvpark.com/